Canon has always been known for producing great imaging products. And now, it has become one of the leading brands in the market. Out of all the products that this company designs, its printers are the most popular and widely used. Canon printers are reliable and durable printing devices, and you can get to know more about them by visiting the official website. If you have just purchased a new Canon printer, visit the website ij.start.canon now to get the setup procedure.
Steps to Follow to Set up the Canon Inkjet Printer
Anyone can set up the Canon printer hardware with much ease through ij.start.canon. To do so, you need to follow the instructions mentioned here:
- To get started with the Canon printer hardware setup through ij.start.canon, first of all, you will have to unbox the printer. And then put it at some suitable place near a power socket.
- Now, you need to connect the printer to a power source. And then, press the power button given on the printing device.
- After turning on the printer, you will be able to see the power light blinking on it.
- After this, you will have to install the ink cartridges in the printer.
- And lastly, take some A 4 size sheets and load them into the printer’s tray.
- And that’s it. That is how you can set up the Canon printer hardware.
Steps to Set up Network Connection for Canon Printer
After setting up the printer hardware following instructions at ij.start.canon, you are ready to establish a network connection to work with your Canon printer. Follow the below-given steps to start with the network setup procedure for the Canon printer:
- To get started, firstly, find the “Menu” button on your Canon printer and then press it.
- Now, select the option of “Network Settings” that you can see on your screen, and then hit the “LAN Settings” option.
- To proceed further, click on the “Ok” option, after which you will be taken to the next screen. Now, scroll down and click on “Wireless LAN Setup.”
- After this, the Canon printer will begin searching for the available wireless networks. You will view a list of the networks on your computer screen.
- You will now select the network to which you would like to connect your Canon printer and click it.
- Next, provide all the credentials to connect your printing device to your network connection.
- And now, you will need to download the drivers and software for the Canon printer. You can download Canon printer drivers at ij.start.canon.
- To install the drivers and software for the printer, you will have to enter your printer’s model number.
- Make sure to enter the correct information to complete the procedure.
- And that’s how you can set up a network connection for your Canon printer through ij.start.canon.
Steps for Adding Canon Printer to a Mac Computer
Here are the instructions following which anyone can add a Canon printer to their Mac computer through ij.start.canon. Please have a look below:
- To get started, users will have to download & install the Canon printer drivers on your Mac computer by jumping to ij.start.canon.
- After the printer drivers get downloaded and installed, you need to go to the “Apple Menu” on your Mac computer and then click it.
- From the list of the options that appear on your screen, click on “System Preferences” to proceed further.
- On reaching the System Preferences window, you will have to click on the option of “Printers and Scanners.”
- Now, hit the Add (+) key and default key altogether.
- And lastly, click on your printer’s name appearing on your computer screen and then hit the “Add” button. And that’s all you will have to do to add the Canon printer to your Mac computer.
Steps for Setting up the Canon Inkjet Printer on Windows Computer
Here’s how anyone can set up the Canon printer through ij.start.canon on their Windows computer system:
- Firstly, download and install the Canon printer driver on your Windows computer via ij.start.canon.
- After downloading & installing the driver, connect the printer with your computer system using a USB cable.
- Now, open the “Control Panel” window on your computer using the Windows search option.
- On reaching the main window, click on the option of “Devices and Printers.”
- After this, you will be able to see your printer on your screen with a green checkmark.
- If you don’t see your printer on your screen, you will have to click on the option of “Add Printer” to add it manually.
- And that’s it. Now your printer is added to your computer and is ready to use.
How can someone connect the Canon printers to their iOS devices?
Using the Canon printer with iOS devices is much easier for anyone. For this, you will need to install the Canon Print app from the App Store. And after installing the app, launch it to transfer your data. And then, follow the on-screen instructions to start using the printer with your iOS device.
How can anyone reset the Canon printer to its factory default settings?
To reset the printer settings to default, firstly, you will have to press the Cancel/Resume button given on the printer’s top panel. You need to hold the button until the alarm lamp flickers 17 times. After this, you can release the button. And now, the printer settings will be reset to default.
How to install the Canon printer driver on a Windows computer?
First, install the Canon printer driver on a Windows computer, go to ij.start.canon and download the drivers. Now, launch the driver’s file and then click on the “Continue” option. And lastly, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation procedure.